14 February 2012

"this is my story" (2)



“You have come to visit our lending group at a good time. A few months ago, I considered myself the least of all these people here. I wouldn’t have been able to go to any of them and ask to borrow BF10,000 (about $8) because I would know I could never earn enough to pay them back. But being invited to join the Pendo Community Lending Group has given me business training so I now have ideas on how to make my efforts a success instead of continuing to stay in a low place, always doing the same things but never getting ahead. And having the people in my lending group and a bank like Turame believe in me has given me the ability to see myself as also worthy. “


*paraphrased from translation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, start a conversation::

Related Posts with Thumbnails