24 March 2011

A family kind of pause

I just realized that I've been away for so long! Just dropped off the blogworld radar- and for that, I'm sorry.

But it isn't without good reason.

My parents are visiting!
After three years of living in south Africa, my mom and dad are here sharing spaces and moments (and the flu) with us.

So, I've been a bit preoccupied in all the best ways.

Thank you for showing up and pouring in the love and resources for the 20 little boys dropped off at my friend's street shelter. Cutest little boys ever - and just being in that space made my heart alive with the desire I've had for years to open up our home to more. More little ones. More brothers. More family. More of God's redeeming all that's screwed up in this world and His turning it into something beautiful even in it's difficulties.

I'm still telling God -often - that my hand is up. I'm willing. My arms are already open.

These little boys got to all go together this week to a permanent childrens home. My friends at the street shelter say they are missing the boys fiercely - the shelter is so quiet now (with only a dozen full time formerly homeless teenagers and a full house every day for meals- haha).

I'll be back in a few days. Until then - spend some time loving on those you call family: whether you were born together or not. I'll try to keep my dad from being chased by hippos or carried away by these monkeys he's illegally feeding. And I'll soak up every moment possible with my mom. Every one of them.

Xxx
Trace

1 comment:

Leave a comment, start a conversation::

Related Posts with Thumbnails